“F” is for fox
Today’s popsicle stick kid craft idea is the perfect way to reinforce letters (penmanship, sight, or sound recognition). If you’ve viewed our youtube channel you know we do a lot of crafts. We did this a little while back and although I shared it there I want to ensure I share it with my lovely blog readers here as well. Today I’m sharing another kid friendly activity that is fun to put together for children and adults of all ages.
This popsicle stick fox idea is very customizable and easy too. You simply turn the letter F into a cute fox, and decorate to create your one-of-a-kind foxy friend.
Let’s grab our craft supplies and follow the step-by-step tutorial below.
“F” is for Fox Craft Supplies
- Popsicle sticks (4 per fox)
- Washable Non Toxic Kids Craft Glue
- Washable non-toxic orange craft paint
- Paint brush
- Googly eyes
- Optional: Hot glue gun
- Grab your scissors and construction paper. Cut out point ears (2 triangles), a bushy tail, a fun mustache shape and a small triangular nose. Set aside. See my photos above for examples.
- Glue your popsicle sticks together in the shape of an “F.” I used a hot glue gun to insure hold (my daughter loves playing with the activities once they dry so longevity is important around here)! Set aside to let it dry.
- Have your child paint the popsicle sticks orange (or whatever color you’d like your fox to be). Set aside to dry.
- To finish, have children glue the paper pieces where appropriate, along with the googly eyes, which let’s face it are the best part! Set it aside to let it dry completely.
Check out some of our other fun family activities below.
Melting Ice Science Experiment; Science Experiment Float or Sink; Nature Scavenger Hunt ; Name Activity Folder ; F is for Family ; U is for Unicorn and don’t forget to join follow our blog via e-mail and never miss a post!
We promise a new post every Saturday but we’re here throughout the week as well.